General Anesthesia Burke VA | Fairfax VA
Wake Up with Your Best Smile
At NOVA Dental Anesthesia, we are proud to offer a full suite of professional and safe anesthetic services and care for every dental treatment that we provide in our state-of-the-art facility.
For adults, children, and those with special needs, we offer General Anesthesia and IV Sedation with all procedures, including:
- Full Mouth Extractions—including Wisdom Teeth
- Composite Fillings
- Root Canals
- Cracked Teeth
- Restorative work: adult, pediatric and special needs
Anesthesia—a state of sleep induced by medication—is an essential part of the comfort and ease we provide during our dental procedures. When all other options, such as oral and IV sedation and laughing gas, aren’t enough, General Anesthesia will provide a pain-free, anxiety-free, and even memory-free dental experience. Skilled and compassionate, Dr. Ali and our team use General Anesthesia to make the most frightening, anxiety-ridden dental experience peaceful and relaxing.
Who would benefit from General Anesthesia?
- Patients with physical, developmental and psychiatric disabilities who have a difficult time sitting through a dental procedure
- Patients who have difficulty getting numb with a local anesthetic
- Patients with a local anesthetic allergy
- Patients with a severe gag reflex
- Patients who need to undergo extensive and uncomfortable dental treatment
- Children unable to cooperate during their dental treatment
Safety and Anesthesia
Your safety is our top priority. Our anesthesiologist has an excellent safety record in anesthesia, as the training for anesthesia is very extensive, more so than for any health specialist.
General Anesthesia: What to Expect
Plan to fast—Do not consume food or drinks 8 hours prior to your procedure if you are having IV (Twilight) Sedation or General Anesthesia.
Bring a driver—You will need an adult to accompany you to your appointment and drive you home after IV Sedation or General Anesthesia if you are taking oral sedatives.
Comfort and care—We will make you comfortable before, during, and after your procedure, using the anesthesia plan that we discuss with you in advance.
If you have any concerns about an upcoming procedure, please give us a call. NOVA Dental Anesthesia Phone Number 703-672-6919