Your initial appointment usually will consist of an examination and review of your treatment options.
Usually, treatment can be done or started the same day as the consultation. However, a complex medical history or treatment plan will require an evaluation and a second appointment to provide treatment on another day.
Please call our NOVA office with your questions: NOVA Dental Anesthesia Phone Number 703-672-6919.
IMPORTANT: Please read information related to updated patient safety and office visit procedures relating to COVID-19, below.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Any x-rays taken by a previous dentist, if applicable.
- A list of medications you are presently taking.
- If you have dental insurance, bring the necessary completed forms. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
IMPORTANT: All patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to treatment (i.e., diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are currently taking any medication (i.e., heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.).
If your dentist has taken x-rays, you may request that they forward them to our office. If there is not enough time, please pick them up and bring them to our office. If additional x-rays are necessary, they can be taken at our facility.
Updated Patient Safety and Office Visit Protocols
As of May 04, 2020 we plan to be open and available for elective procedures.
The safety, health and well-being of our patients has always been our top priority. Our policies and procedures always exceed federally mandated guidelines to protect our patients and staff.
What to expect upon arriving for your appointment.
- Our appointment reservations will be limited on a daily basis to reduce the number of patients in our office to abide by the social distancing guidelines.
- We ask that our patients wear face mask if available.
- All our patients will be screened before entering our office, this includes taking their temperature. If you have a driver, they will be screened as well.
- Only patients scheduled for treatment will be allowed in the office after screening unless there are extenuating circumstances, such as minors being accompanied by an adult, patients with needed assistance. We ask that all other guest wait in their vehicles – NOT THE RECEPTION AREA.
- We will be monitoring the guidance from the Centers of Disease Control (CDC) regarding Infection Prevention and Control.
- We will be using personal protection equipment (PPE) as outlined by the CDC and dental associations.
- We will increase our sanitizing practices inside and outside our operatories.
- Wiping down our waiting room, counters, chairs, and door handles hourly.
- We will provide additional sanitizer for our patients.
- Be asking you to review pre-visit questions prior to your appointment
How can you help? IF YOU ANSWER YES TO THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL THE OFFICE (NOVA Dental Anesthesia Phone Number 703-672-6919)PRIOR TO YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- If you have traveled in or outside the United States in the last 14 days
- Contact with anyone who has traveled in or outside the United States and was/is now sick
- Had contact with someone who was diagnosed with COVID-19
- Experiencing any of the following symptoms: Temperature, Active Cough or Trouble Breathing.
We understand that this is a disruption to everyday life but know that we are doing everything we can to continue to make you visit safe and in the most pleasant manner possible. If you notice that we are quiet and not converse as usual, please understand that this is for the protection of our staff and our patients.